PitBull Support Page (Z50R)
Wiring diagram for turn signals.
Maintenance, Forks: We have found some of the forks to stick, even pull the rubber seal to come loose. Don't panic, the problem is easily solved, and the rubber seal can be put back and should be good as new. All you need to do is a little maintenance. The bike uses a spring type fork; the spring needs to be coated in grease. There is the smooth metal tube that slides up and down through the rubber seal, it needs to be lubricated with a thin oil that leaves a residue, either Teflon or silicone.
You can easily remove the whole spring assembly for maintenance:
1. Remove the brake cable and speedometer cable.
2. Unscrew the barrel nut that covers the seal (half way down the fork).
3. Remove the 2 screws from the top of the fork.
4. Have someone lift the bike into a wheelie position.
5. Pull the front wheel off, along with the fork springs.
6. Lubricate the spring and fork.
7. If the seal has been pulled out of the barrel nut, use a screwdriver to carefully work it back through.
7. Reassemble by reversing the above steps.
(more coming when time permits)
Call (Closed) (M-Sat. 9-6 PST)